Friday 8 May 2015

Swimming a Mile

Ian Daly Swim a Mile
On Wednesday all the TY Students and LCVP Students set off on the bus to the National Aquatic Center to do the Ian Daly Swim a Mile With a Smile.

We arrived at the aquatic center, got changed and make our way out onto the pool bank. We had 5 swimming lanes, each 25m long. We split up into our groups. People doing the mile by themselves got a lane, next people in groups of 2 or 3 got the second lane, people with 4 or 5 in a group got the third lane. And then the next two lanes were for people with more than 5 in a group.

I planned to do the full mile so I got into the first lane with about 9 others. We each had to do 64 lengths to complete the mile. There were people counting our lengths for us so we didn't have to worry about that. Before we got started I think that everyone was a little nervous, I know I was. Since I had finished endurance 2 a few weeks ago in life saving I was a little prepared for the mile.

Once everyone got started it was fine. We kinda flew through the lengths, I didn't really notice the time going by. It didn't take too long for us to complete the mile. I had actually forgotten how much I love to swim and when we finished we got a t-shirt!

When we left the aquatic center after our mile, we headed to Blanchardstown for about 2 hours before going home to relax after all our exercise for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment