Friday 24 April 2015

Gaisce


Today is the day that we go on our Gaisce Hike. Since the start of the year we have been working towards our Gaisce Bronze Award. 

There are 4 different things you do to complete the Bronze Award. You do 3 different activities for 13 weeks and then an overnight journey. For the activities there are categories, you need to each a Community Involvement where you help your community in some way, a Personal Skill where you learn something new and a Physical Activity where you play a sport or that. For mine I did a Scout Leader for my community involvement, I did Life Safety for my personal skill and I did Camogie for my physical activity.


Then the overnight journey is where you have to complete a 25km hike over 2 days. So today some of us are off to Kippure in the Wicklow Mountains to complete our 25km hike. Tomorrow we will also be doing some activities that Kippure offer like High Ropes, Leap of Faith and Archery. It should be so fun, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment